Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About 3 – 4 servings
- 1 Pkg. (6 pieces) Heritage Health Food Chick’n Tenders™, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt and white pepper
- 1/3 cup water with 2 tsp. Kim’s Simple Meals Chicken Seasoning (or low-sodium vegetable broth)
- 3 Tbsp Hoisin sauce (traditional Chinese flavoring located in International ingredients aisle of grocery store).
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 green onions, chopped, whites and greens divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
In a mixing bowl, toss Heritage Health Food Chick’n Tenders™ with 1 Tbsp cornstarch to evenly coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add half of the diced Chick’n Tenders™, and cook stirring frequently, until Chick’n Tenders™ are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer Chick’n Tenders™ to a plate (leaving the remaining oil in skillet – it should be about 1 tsp) and add another 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil to skillet. Cook remaining Chick’n Tenders™ until golden brown and cooked through, then transfer to plate with first batch of Chick’n Tenders™.
In a mixing bowl (or liquid measuring cup used to measure vegetable broth), whisk together broth, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and remaining 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch until well blended. Heat remaining 1 tsp vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat. Add green onion whites, garlic, ginger and cashews and sauté until cashews are golden brown, about 1 minute. Pour in Hoisin sauce mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste (or other favorite seasonings), and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, add Chick’n Tenders™ to sauce and toss to evenly coat. Serve warm with white or brown rice or quinoa and top with greens of green onions and sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.