- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- ¼ cup red or green pepper, chopped (or both)
- ½ cup carrots, diced fine
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Heritage Health Food Chicken Tenders, diced
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 2 ¾ cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Sauté corn, pepper, onion, cilantro, garlic, Chicken Tenders and tomato paste in olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Add rice, water and salt.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes on low heat.
(Makes 8 servings)