Chick’n & Rice Casserole
- 2 1/2 Cups – Heritage Health Food Chick’n Tenders, diced
- 2 Cups – Cooked brown rice
- 2 – Carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups – Milk (soy, almond, or other)
- 1 Cup – Vegetable broth
- 1/2 Cup – Vegan Parmesan cheese, or cheese substitute
- 1/2 Cup – Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 Cup – Frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 Cup – Unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 6 TBSP (3/4 stick) – Unsalted butter or margarine, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter, then whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- While whisking continuously, gradually pour in milk and broth and stir until totally incorporated.
- Add diced Chick’n Tenders, rice and veggies to the broth mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chick’n and rice mixture to baking dish and sprinkle parmesan and breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
- Cut up remaining butter into small pieces and dot those over the breadcrumbs.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.