Here at Heritage, we love this recipe! And what’s even better, is how many combos can be prepared. You can add some cherry tomatoes to sweeten things up, slices of lemon for a little tang, or a little taco seasoning and can of corn for a Mexican feel.
Don’t feel limited by a recipe; add your own flavors!
Chick’n Pasta and Asparagus
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 bag Heritage Health Food Chick’n Tenders™ (cooked according to package), diced
- 8 oz box of Pasta (Ziti pasta recommended) cooked
- 1 Bunch Fresh asparagus
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Boil water for pasta as directed on box. As this boils, snap off the ends of the asparagus and chop into 2.5”-3” pieces. Cook Chick’n Tenders as directed on packaging. Crush or mince garlic into a non-stick frying pan. Add the oil to the pan and allow the garlic to brown on very low heat.
- When water is boiled, empty the pasta box into the water and set a timer as directed. Add the asparagus to the frying pan with the garlic and olive oil, covering with a lid. Allow asparagus to steam for 10 minutes until asparagus is bright green and soft, do not allow the asparagus to become mushy.
- When pasta is finished, strain water from pot and allow to cool. Add diced Chick’n Tenders™ to the asparagus, removing the lid and allow both to fry, stirring occasionally. Season as desired with oregano, basil, and/or garlic powder.
- Add Chick’n Tenders™ and asparagus to pasta after 5-10 minutes of cooking. Mix up and place in casserole dish, and top with cheese if desired. Place in oven to broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden. Take out and serve! Bon appetit!